We're on the Virgin Sunday Times Fast Track 100!
Posted at : 09/12/2013
By: Josh Gunn
Updated Post: This article was originally published at 11.30am, Sunday December 8th
Today we learned the fantastic news that we've been named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list!
Business Travel On The Fast Track
The table ranks Britain's 100 companies with the fastest growing sales over the last three years. To find our name alongside the best in this publication gives us all an enormous amount of pride and we couldn't be happier!
Since 2010 we've grown at a rapid rate, expanding our operations for business travellers while launching exciting new brands that are now integral parts of the Statesman Travel Group.
When you're growing at such a fast pace, introducing new services, winning new business, moving to a bigger office, it's easy to forget what came before. This has served as a reminder for us to get all misty-eyed and have a little look back on what we've achieved.
We won’t go into everything that’s happened in the last three years but here’s a quick glance at some of the major milestones that have happened along the way.
• Created our own Graduate Scheme for Sales & Account Management professionals in the business travel industry.
• Received investment from the Business Growth Fund after being named a leading UK SME.
• Acquired Commodore International Travel, helping us cement our position as a leading TMC for VIP and Media clients along with the well-established Masterfare, our Air Fare specialists division.
• Moved to a state-of-the-art Travel Management facility near St Paul’s, Central London.
• Set up industry leading brands Hotelz, Eventz, OnTourz and Media OnTourz for accommodation, event management, sports & academic tour and media travel markets.
• Launched our brand new Statesmanager travel booking portal, designed to facilitate the next generation of travel management, with a centralised hub for all a travel booker’s requirements.
At the heart of it all we want to make travel great for everyone, and that’s what has helped drive our growth at such pace. We’re not planning on slowing down any time soon though. We have a big year planned in 2014, with more than a few big ideas on the horizon. So keep watching this space.
A man in the know, our Joint-Managing Director Mervyn Williamson, had this to say:
“Receiving such acclaim in this Sunday Times listing is both a fantastic achievement and an exciting challenge to now push on and continue our impressive growth. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff, who without them, we would not be in this enviable position.”
A big thank you to everyone who has helped us achieve this. You can download the full Fast Track 100 supplement here.
Publish Date: 09/12/2013 00:00